I am a Licensed Mental Health Counselor that helps people use ketogenic dietary therapy as a treatment for mental illness and neurological issues. I use a variety of nutritional and functional methods of treatment in my work and provide evidence-based psychotherapy modalities in adult client populations.
I completed my Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and my Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology from Argosy University (formally Washington School of Professional Psychology) in 2007. Over the years I have worked with a variety of age groups and have enjoyed tremendous success assisting clients in the resolution of a variety of struggles.
After having my own profound health experience with dietary change involving therapeutic carbohydrate restriction, I began to become interested in nutritional therapy for neurological disorders and mental illness. I began to talk about food choices with my clients and use my therapy skills to help clients remove resistance to behavioral change and learn how to use nutrition to feed and heal their brains. I noticed how much better psychotherapy worked on people who were giving their brains and bodies what they needed to work well.
Clients reported stressors were less overwhelming. People had more energy to do the hard work of therapy. Changes in thinking patterns began to stick and not just come back each week. They found it easier to do their homework. They began to understand that their symptoms were not who they were. They experienced hope. Some didn’t need their medication anymore. Some needed less medication.
I am a seasoned psychotherapist with an understanding of mental health and neurological disorders who uses counseling to help people like you make lifestyle and nutrition changes to treat their conditions.
In addition to specialized training in clinical skills including Behavior Therapy (BT), Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR), I am trained in nutritional therapies for mental health.
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Nutrition and Integrative Health from Maryland University of Integrative Health (MUIH)
- Certified Integrative Mental Health Professional (CIMHP) from Evergreen Certification
- Regular continuing education in Diabetes Care and Education, Alzheimer’s Disease and Behavioral Addictions
- Treating Metabolic Syndrome, Type 2 Diabetes, and Obesity with Therapeutic Carbohydrate Restriction with DietDoctor.com
- Training in nutritonal treatment of Neurological Disorders from NutritionNetwork including Ketogenic and Metabolic Psychiatry, Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia, Migraines, Processed Food Addiction and Epilepsy
- Ketogenic Diets for Mental Health Clinician Training Course from DiagnosisDiet (Georgia Ede, MD)
- Training in Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis
How I can help
I live and work in Vancouver (USA) and am licensed in the state of Washington as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LH 60550441) providing telehealth. I am able to provide mental health counseling in other states via telehealth agreements (e.g., Florida) so do inquire to see if your state will allow telehealth services in a way that I am covered by your insurance.
I am able to provide consultation services worldwide as allowed by specific country guidelines. My professional goal is to work exclusively helping people who wish to explore dietary therapy for mental health and neurological issues.
- Brain Fog Recovery Program
- Contact me
- Free ebook
- Ketogenic Diet Case Studies for Mental Health
- Mental Health Keto Blog
- Mental Health Resources for the Ketogenic Diet
- Website Disclaimer